Welcome


Hello you strange and quite possibly scary internet person you!

What you will find here is a sample of my creative mind hard at sleep along, possibly some updates on my other hobbies, interests, and of course my never ending periods of writers block.

Hopefully something here will interest you. If not...well. Sod off!

Herein you will find links to my stories, and possibly some abortive attempts at writing. Most are too long to paste into these boxes, so links and updates will have to suffice!


Phill

Sunday 15 January 2012

Writer's...um...weir?

Been struggling to be creative recently, but it doesn't amount to a complete 'writer's block', so I guess I'll call it 'writer's weir'! I seem to be able to manage a couple of hundred words per sitting, but then run out of steam, very annoying.

Perhaps I should look into methods of loosening my mind up (some might say it's already as loose as can be...barely hanging on even!) in order to open the floodgates. Or perhaps it's merely a phase, I never know with my writing.

I wonder if it's a lack of positive confirmation from a reader that's holding me back. I'm so used to writing in instalments and receiving a confidence boost in the form of comments (or at least an indication of what's going wrong) before moving on to the next chapter/segment.

With this, the actually attempt at novel writing, I don't have the same sort of confidence boost in dribs and drabs. I have to rely on my own opinion, which isn't the best of moves - what with me being massively self-critical and my own worst enemy when it comes to the written word!

Dare I say it, but opinions anyone? (go on, don't be shy!)




Also, some more tracks selected in this order by my random play all music machine!:




Phill



1 comment:

  1. Considering the awesomeness of your other writing I'm sure this'll be epic aswell! Keep at it man :)

    ReplyDelete