Welcome


Hello you strange and quite possibly scary internet person you!

What you will find here is a sample of my creative mind hard at sleep along, possibly some updates on my other hobbies, interests, and of course my never ending periods of writers block.

Hopefully something here will interest you. If not...well. Sod off!

Herein you will find links to my stories, and possibly some abortive attempts at writing. Most are too long to paste into these boxes, so links and updates will have to suffice!


Phill

Monday 16 April 2012

Mixed news

Last week, at the end of my fab long weekend I received news of a bereavement of a very close family member. I'm still not entirely sure how to feel. I'm not exactly the best person in the world for being able to handle grief, so maybe I'll only find out in time.

Perhaps somewhat unsurprisingly it has been difficult to write in the week following the news. My usually scatological brain has been at best slapdash and at worst...nonconstructive to say the least. Things have been picking up however. On Saturday I think my brain decided to catch up with the rest of my body and I ended churning out roughly seven thousand words.

I guess I was in the right mental state for the subject matter, pain, death and regret.

It does indeed seem to eased things up again, focus is still poor, but I'm writing again at least. Hit 70,000 words at lunch today. A cursory glance reveals that I need to sit down and re-read and re-shape some of what I've been churning out over the last couple of days, but for the most part, at least to my eyes, it's solid enough work.

I certainly need to go back to the dark section too. It's not...harsh enough. I need to stop treating my characters as if they were made of china. I want y'all to feel the pain, mental and physical that the people involved are going through. Without pain there can be no change, and one character is going to be going through an awful lot of change.

There's some other good news too, to counter all that negativity. Pretty soon I should have something truly amazing to show you.

Phill

No comments:

Post a Comment